Green Kids – Summer Camp
WHAT IT IS
During our Camps in partnership with Popcorn English, we guide our little guests to become more aware of the impact of our actions on the environment that surround us.
We inspire and guide the kids to connect with a multilingual and multicultural territory, to live in a more sustainable way and to be encouraged to represent a model of change.
- Raise children awareness on the respect for each other and for the environment
- Deepen the knowledge of the nature cycles
- Develop your own artistic qualities, the communication and the team work
- Increase confidence in yourself and in your skills
A TYPICAL DAY AT THE CAMP
Fun, energy and learning are the basis of every day at the Camp.
From 8.30 – Welcome
*Sport and physical outdoor activities *Introduction of the theme of the day *Gardening/ trip
*Walk in the nature
*Tell me a story
*Artistic “Green” lab
*Final creative thought
17.00 Bye bye!
- Bilingual Camp English/ Italian (we speak also French and German!)
- Gardening, making little organic gardens, cooking classes with organic products
- Artistic Lab with the use of recycled materials
- Trip “School at the farm“
- Sport (exercising, hiking, running, swimming, playing volleyball and football…)
- Walks to discover the Swiss territory
- Experiences in collaboration and sharing with Associations and Public bodies
N.B. Our selected educators have a paediatric first aid certificate. Some of them attended a training course for the use of the defibrillator and are members of the First Responder of the Fondazione Ticino Cuore
The meeting point is an amazing renovated country house located in the green, at the edge of the wood and with a beautiful playground, in Via Castèl 2 a Montagnola (Collina d’Oro).
The meeting point for the older kids is at the Roccolo di Agra, which is located in an amazing clearing in the Collina d’Oro wood.
The Green Camps take place in the Nature (indoor just in case of bad weather) and we have a maximum of 10 kids/children divided into two groups of 5 per meeting point, with 1 educator per group (2 educators in total).
Places are limited! For more info and registrations click here!
THE PARTECIPATION FEE INCLUDES
- All the material used during the activities
- Water and “Green” snacks **
- Entrance ticket for the Collina d’Oro sport centre (just during the Camp)
- Public transport (for trips and walks)
** The participation fee DOESN’T include the lunch. The participants can bring it from home or it will be provided by us (local products from certificated farms which work in accordance with Nature and Animals) for CHF 7.-per day
WHAT TO CARRY
- Comfortable sport clothes for outdoor activities
- Swimsuit, towel, swim cap, swim goggles, flip flop (IF required)
- Backpack with spare clothing
- K-way, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Water bottle
- Customised timetable to suit your needs
- Baby-sitter and Homework help service
- 10% discount if you register for 3 or more days (not cumulative with other offers)
- 10% discount on your registration fee if you register also a sibling or a friend
- Packed lunch
- Transport from/to Montagnola
- TWINT payment option